Ikobo

 

One good alternative for international online money transactions for me, since PayPal isn’t available in the Philippines, is Ikobo.com. You get your money via ATM using a reloadable debit card that they mail to you. Setup is easy; you can register for an account in a few minutes. There’s a $500 limit in sending and receiving funds per month that can be adjusted after submitting some required forms. ‘Not yet a problem for me since I don’t get more than that amount every month from outside the country. And yes it works. That’s how I got paid for a website I did some time ago. Definitely recommended for the kababayans considering online freelancing without having to leave the country.

You might want to search the web for sites that use Ikobo to send and receive money before creating an account. Or, convince a client right now to send your funds via the system.

weblog
stories
profile
links

Prologue

The sites I'm at, the sites I like, the sites of friends, the sites I find useful...they all deserve a writeup. If it's here, you have to see it, because I want you to.